- Generous compensation & benefits package
- Beautiful Bellingham, WA location
- Experienced DVM or motivated new graduates welcome to apply
Village Veterinary Hospital is part of the progressive Cara Veterinary group of neighborhood veterinary practices, known for our exceptional commitment to pets, their families, and to each other! We are seeking an experienced DVM or excellent recent graduate to join us at our state-of-the-art veterinary hospital. As a doctor with Cara, you’ll have the freedom to make the best decisions for your local clients and their pets, with the support and resources you need to provide exceptional care.
- Highly competitive base salary + commission
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible schedule with no on-call
- PTO & paid holidays off, including birthday
- Paid family & medical leave (WA state offers up to 12 weeks of paid leave to eligible employees)
- 401K with employer match
- Performance-based bonuses
- License and professional organization dues (AVMA, State Medical Assoc, AAHA, VMB)
- Liability insurance
- Paid CE time
- Employee pet discount
- Uniform allowance
- Career growth and leadership opportunities
- Free Door Dash Monthly membership
- A great culture focused on employee satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- A desire to build long-term relationships with pet parents & the community
- A desire to be part of a close-knit team
- The drive to continue learning, and to continue improving the medicine you perform
Situated right on the water in between Vancouver, BC to the north and Seattle to the south, Bellingham offers a high quality of life for both families and singles. There are unlimited recreation opportunities on land and sea, featuring national and state parks, world-class ski areas, whale watching, and the gorgeous San Juan Islands just a ferry ride away. Bellingham’s eclectic downtown area has a thriving arts scene, craft breweries, many farm-to-table restaurants and beautiful murals. It’s also a very pet-friendly region where you can find the perfect balance of work and play—and as part of our team, you will have the opportunity to enjoy it all.
Ready to Apply?
We’d love to see a cover letter highlighting why you think you’d be a good fit for our practice as well as a fully updated resume. Please send all materials to Dr. Katie Rawlings, Head of Medicine – email@example.com
Village Veterinary Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
CARA VETERINARY CORE VALUE PILLARS
Put pets first. Our first priority is always the health, happiness, and comfort of our patients. We have designed the Cara experience with the animal perspective in mind. And our care advice is based only on what is best for the pet.
Trust the parent. We believe that caring for an animal is a partnership built on mutual trust and humility. We trust parents to make the right decisions for themselves and their pets and invite them to actively participate in care alongside us.
Authentically human. Caring for a pet involves the full spectrum of emotions, from joy to grief. We must lean into openness, empathy, and compassionate listening. We know when to be fun, and when to be serious. At all times, we foster a supportive, positive, and authentically human hospital culture.
Good neighbors. Although our business is growing, we retain the attitude and spirit of a neighborhood vet. We welcome people in. We get to know our clients’ families and are proud to play an active role in our local communities.
Shake things up. We are always looking for a better way. In an industry that hasn’t seen a lot of innovation, we are experimenting with new ways of delivering care, delighting customers, providing unexpectedly human (and animal) touches, and infusing hospitals with fresh ideas.